21 Days of Happiness - A formula for a more positive mindset
Hi peeps! This is an oldy but a goody. I posted this on my blog like 6 years ago but since someone requested, I thought I would throw it out again and also do the challenge myself. This is appropriated from a TedTalk by Shawn Achor - if you want to hear more about it you can watch that here. If you prefer to listen, there’s a podcast version of this post by the same name.
It takes 2 minutes every day for 21 days and you essentially rewire your brain to be positive. Wanna do it with me? Say yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
See below - it’s basically…
1. Some kind of physical exercise (a few sit-ups or maybe taking the stairs at work)
2. Some kind of meditation (you could sit quietly and breath deeply for a minute in the morning? for me it’s just yoga).
3. Journal about 3 new things you’re grateful for.
4. Journal about 1 positive experience you had today.
5. Perform conscious acts of kindness: Open your inbox and thank someone in your social support network or say something nice to a person at work - whatever it is, take positive actions toward another person. No minimum, no maximum.
I wanted to throw in one more – because why not. For bonus points, every time you look in the mirror say “I love you.”
I invite you to make it into a true experiment – today before you start this, write a journal entry and describe how you feel – about the where you are in your life, and how you feel about the world. Then do the same thing on the 21st day.
Today is my Day 7. Join me! Xo Sarah
This one’s for Ty. Thank you for the request! I know this has helped a lot of people change their lives. This is appropriated from the TEDTalk Life Hack by Shawn Achor: 21 Days to a Happier Life. Shawn is also the author of an expanded version of this talk - his book is called The Happiness Advantage.